Wednesday, August 2, 2017

10 . . 9 . . 8 . . Last Day In Thailand

Almost all packed and ready to go. Doing a last bit of laundry. Bought a big suitcase. So, I will only need 2 suitcases and not have to pay any extra charges. I didn't realize how small my other suitcases were.

Car will be here at 9 pm. I am allowing an hour to get to the airport. So, I should be there by 10 pm. It is a different airport than when I left for Malaysia. Bangkok has 2 International airports.

My flight leaves at 2:30 am on China Eastern Airlines. I am taking the scenic route. Normally, you fly Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur-Kathmandu. That is like going Albuquerque-Los Angeles-Seattle.

However, I am going Bangkok-Shanghai-Kunming-Kathmandu in 15 hours. That is like going Albuquerque-New York City-Chicago-Seattle. This is actually less time because the shorter route involves a 15 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur, so it actually takes longer.

I have 2.5 and 3.5 hour layovers in China. Like when I transferred in Taipai, I won't have any Chinese money. So, no snacks since there are no money changers. Hmmmm, maybe they will take a credit card.

Hmmmm, just found this interesting post:

"If you buy at the duty free shopping, it's ok to use the USD because the products in these shops are almost labeled with USD price. If you go to the convenient shops, RMB is needed. Bank of China provides the currency exchange. It is located between G15 and G16 in the International Departure Area. "

Namaste From (halfway to) Nepal

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I know not for you, but it seems like time flied. 15 hours is a long flight. Hopefully you will not be packed in, but it's cool you get to fly through China.

    Not much going on here. We have had two giant storms move through the area. The first has hurricane 85 mph winds that knocked down a back yard tree and destroyed our back yard. Most of the damage cleaned up, but I have to rebuild my pergola with the swing sets on it. It was made out of 6X6's and still broke like twings. The second flooded the basement. I was getting ready to remodel the basement so it is good I found out. However, I am scared when the guy comes to estimate how much it will cost me. I am thinking about 11K. yikes...

    Looking forward to picture of Nepal..

    Well, I was going to say good luck in Nepali, but my translator just scribbled all over my phone??? Soooo, have a good flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, maybe now is a good time for solar panels.

    ReplyDelete