Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Land of a Thousand Germs

Internet at the hotel is very spotty. So, I am writing this offline. And, pictures are a no go until I move.

My current plan is to stay here the 29 days I reserved for. I will use this time to let my body acclimate to altitude.

Then, I will move to Patan which is about 8 km away. This will get me out of the smog. I am looking at a few nice places. I want to live in Patan. I will ride the bus to class. And, it will be close to church and a bike will give me huge mobilty as there will be hundreds of businesses within 3 km.

I lived in Thailand and Malaysia for 5 months and never got sick. It has only been 5 days here in Nepal and I have my first gastrointestinal disease. Pop, pop, Immodium.

Once I get my apartment, I think I will be spending 2 hours a days cooking safely. However, since I will be learning a language, any waiting time can be used to study.

One nice easy meal in Thailand was Peanut Butter and crackers. I may get me a jar of peanut butter again, since that is a safe, easy meal.

Namaste from The Roof of the World

2 comments:

  1. Sardines and crackers are another safe, healthy easy meal. Especially good with celery but don't know if they wash them safely there for you. But eventually you will want to find a safe place to buy vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to experiment with Nepal meals and then after you find your favorite you can cook, send us the recipe so we can try out your new culture...

    ReplyDelete