Thursday, August 10, 2017

A good day, today. Walked further than any day so far. Had fish and chips at a nice place. It even has a restroom. Public restrooms are rare here. They make a good Americano, also. I have eaten at 3 places, so far. I have only gotten sick at one. But, I drank some lime water there and I think the water came from the tap.

It seems to work if I use the same rules here that I used for street vendors in Thailand: Only eat thoroughly cooked food that has just been cooked. I will have to forego veggies until I get my own apartment and can set up a system of making purified water via bleach and soaking the veggies.
Meanwhile, the hotel owner and his assistant continue to make my meals to order. I have been eating french fries that they make from scratch with a couple of buffalo sausages sliced thin and cooked well. Like India, they don't eat beef. Fortunately, they just substitute buffalo.

They also make me chicken fried rice. I think I will ask for some vegetable fried rice with about 1/3 chopped vegetables fried before the rice is added so the germs are killed. In the next couple of days he wants me to teach him how to make grilled cheese. So, I will do that and he has some yak cheese.

Namaste from The Roof of the world

3 comments:

  1. Regarding poor wifi, it seems to be true in several Nepal locations. I saw this advice for another hotel in Nepal: "When wifi isn’t working, just unplug the router and plug it back in again, and repeat these steps if necessary – ask the staff there to show you where the router is located."

    ReplyDelete
  2. he doesn't know how to make grilled cheese sandwiches? Yak cheese? Sounds interesting...
    Hey, send us a picture of the university when you see it.

    Olivia is going through nursing school. She said that she wished you were her for that. She was saying, "you know how nice it would be if I had my own personal tutor for this"? lol

    ReplyDelete