Wednesday, August 9, 2017

August 9, 2017

The internet is terrible at this hotel and the connection breaks frequently, too frequently to upload pictures.  So, I will just have to write off line and then post without pictures.

With everything that has happened, my plans must remain flexible. Fortunately, I have 5 months until school starts. I should have things all settled by then. I made a reservation fore a place in Patan for 2 weeks for after my 4 weeks here.

Basically, I will just sacrifice this month for getting acclimated and enjoy the hustle and bustle of this downtown area. Patan is more rural. The place I will be staying is more like an acreage with gardens and a children's playground and plenty of free parking for guests.

The Immodium did its job and I just stayed in bed mostly, Tuesday. I felt better today and went out to a place and got breakfast: eggs, toast, fries, and Sprite for 240 rupees.

$1.00 = 100 rupees, so it is easy to figure out how much I am spending. There are 2 price systems here, marked and unmarked. In some stores, like the bookstore I went to, have price tags. Restaurants have menus with the prices listed. These are the prices you pay. A zillion little stores have no price tags and there seems to be a dual system, one price quoted for Nepalis and a higher price qwuoted for foreigners.

I found a little store today that is a bit bigger (about the size of the Burlwood TV room) that sells packaged goods. I will get some tomorrow.

Namaste from The Roof of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment