Sunday, March 12, 2017

Wed & Thursday I finished moving into my Apartment. I was able to resume work on my book on Wednesday. It felt very good to make progress. My apartment is only 300 meters from the BTS station, compared to a mile (1700 meters) that my hotel was from a BTS station. Actually, I am only 1 BTS stop from my hotel, now. This BTS (skytrain) is fantastic!

I am setting up house here. I got my first grocery delivery from Tesco Lotus today. There is actually a 7-11 under the BTS station (as well as a myriad other shops.) I could survive just with it. Competition must be fierce. They are very cheap, unlike convenience stores in America. However, water is heavy. I got 4 x 6 Liter bottles delivered, along with various groceries and supplies. I have showered and washed dishes with the faucet water and it is supposed to be safe. However, even most locals buy their water for drinking. Delivery is only 60 baht. I tipped the 2 men 20 baht apiece. So, my delivery cost was only a total of $3.00 a huge bargain in this environment. They even threw in 4 free Kung Fu Panda tumblers.

In my order were 2 x 32 GB micro SD cards I got for my phones. Now I will be able to take pictures, maybe even a video or 2. A video of the Taxi I am in would be fun to watch - just imagine drivers all around you playing a giant game of chicken. I guess I will have to get a Youtube account to host the videos.

My legs are getting better. I think I was sitting on a bad chair in my hotel, which gradually degraded my nerves/muscles by pinching them. But, God has been gracious and shown me many ways to correct this. There was a hassock in my new apartment, which is another great provision by God. I am using it as a seat, since it is low and soft like the secretary chair downstairs and my 5 gallon drum + cushion upstairs at dad's house. My right leg is pain free and good to go. My left leg is getting better, as long as I lift it up an extra 2-3 inches while walking (like you are marching, left leg only). Weird. But, I was able to walk pain free to/from the 7-11, so I am very happy.  My left leg is barely leaking any fluid, so maybe the pinching was also exacerbating the leaking problem also.

I will hang out here today (Sunday) and just take my evening walk to 7-11. I need to buy coffee. I haven't been able to find ice cube trays anywhere. I may buy some ice at 7-11, also. They have 1 kilogram bags (2.2 pounds) for 8 baht (23 cents). Then, I will have to walk home - fast! (grin) Then, I can use one of my free tumblers.

Today, I happy as a clam.

Namaste From (half way to) Nepal

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing better Mike. Maybe you can find the equivalent of amazon.com that you can order stuff like an ice cube tray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully. There is so much to learn. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete