Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Terminal 21

Progress is being made. After getting a cramp in my leg on Sat., I rested in my apt on Sun. and Mon. After reading info on the internet and mulling various strategies, I went to Terminal 21 (a shopping center) on Tuesday. I bought a regular Android phone to replace my trac fone type of phone. I have the same phone number. People use their phone as their main device here. Service is cheap - unlimited data, etc. is 200 baht per month ($5.00).

Then, I ate brunch and went to see a movie - Kong. It was good. They are making a trilogy, Godzilla, Kong, and a third monster, I forget which one. Both Godzilla and Kong were good guys - a nice twist.

Lastly I went to Boots pharmacy. Just like the US has 2 major drug stores, Walgreens and CVS, Thailand has 2 major drug stores, Boots and Watsons. They are both at every shopping center in the city. Anyway, I bought a bunch of packets of electrolytes. These should really help. They are packets that you add to water. They are orange flavored, but taste bad - sort of like that stuff you take for a colostomy every 5 - 7 years.

So, it was a good day. The phone will help my mobility and the electrolytes will help my health and help me feel better. In fact, after a couple of days, I definitely feel better. Oddly, I drink a bit more and I get rid of a bunch more from my calves where it pools. They look a lot better and any leaking should be even more inhibited.

So, progress is being made.

Namaste from (halfway to) Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment