Sunday, March 19, 2017

And, a new week begins. Last week was basically dedicated into moving in to my apartment, getting organized, and developing a routine.

My legs continue to get better as I watch where I sit more carefully. My left leg has stopped leaking, too.

I am adjusting my pills. I had been taking 1 coumadin every day while all this hustle and bustle has been going on the last 3 weeks. I have cut back to eliminating 1/2 pill 3X per week, which was my regular dose.

Saturday, I decided to go to Tescos as I hadn't ridden the BTS in a week, only walking back and forth to it every day. I waited until dusk when it was cooler, only 85 degrees, although it was also about 85% humidity. I had an ice tea while I was there. However, on the way home my leg began to cramp and I limped home in the dark.

I am going to have to push more fluids. I have started taking only 1/2 water pill beginning that night.

It is also interesting the difference meat makes in these harsher conditions. The difference is definitely noticeable. It reminds be of a great biography I read, "A Chance To Die," by Elizabeth Elliot. It is the biography of Amy Carmichael. She was the Mother Teresa of the first half of the 20th century in India. While Mother Teresa concentrated on the poor, Amy Carmichael concentrated on orphans. Like J Hudson Taylor and Mother Teresa she adopted the lifestyle and diet of the locals. Many doctors came to orphanages for 6-8 months at a time from England. She insisted that these volunteers and the locals all eat together to negate the class structure she found in India. But, she found the volunteers were able to do less work than expected. Eventually, it was found the lack of sufficient meat was the cause, since it takes a year or 2 to adapt. So, she re-segregated the dining groups so she could get the most work out of the doctors.

By the way, if you are looking for a good book, "A Chance To Die" is a great read.

Got groceries, and most importantly - water, delivered to my apartment. So, I am all set up to work on my book and work on my health and fitness here. Having a blast.

Namaste from (halfway to) Nepal

No comments:

Post a Comment