Monday, March 6, 2017

(Days 11 - 13, March 4 - 6)

Saturday (4th) was a good day. I left the hotel early (9 am), took a bottle water that was 3/4 ice, and hoofed it to the BTS station. Everything went well. So, now I know that with ice and water and an early start, I can function outside on really hot days.

Sunday, (5th) everything fell apart. My left ankle started squirting blood (actually, just red fluid). I got it stopped and bandaged up. It shook me up some. However, in the evening I noticed my feet were sitting in a puddle of water - not good. It turns out my left leg is leaking clear fluid. I looked it up on the internet and found good/bad news. The good news is that it is not deadly. The bad news is that it is hard to fix.
I was really bumbed out. Should I return to the US? Should I stay? Will I be able to go to Nepal? In my Daily Bible Study I am reading through the Bible Chronologically this time. I listen to J Vernon McGee and Thru the Bible, but in chronological order from a sheet I got on the Internet. At the same time, I am reading Bishop Ussher's Annals of the World as I go along to see how Biblical events mesh with world events. Anyway, I am in Genesis at the part where Jacob wrestles an Angel and is crippled to keep him dependent on God. So, I kinda figure that is why God allowed this to happen - so I don't get into trouble. So, onward I will go. Kathmandu is pants weather. So, at worst I'll have to wear an adult diaper on my calf under my pant leg (grin.) ONWARD!

Monday, (6th) I wrapped my left leg and went out and rented an Apartment. I was looking at this one for a couple of weeks on the Internet. It met my requirements:

1. Close to BTS (about 300 meters)
2. Furnished
3. AC
4. Includes free Internet
5. Elevator
6. Laundry Room

It is 1/3 smaller than my hotel room. But, there is plenty of room. At 5,500 Baht per month, it is a great deal. 5,500/35 = $158/month plus water and electric, which is standard. I will move in Tues., Wed., and Thurs., and start my regular routine on Friday.

God taketh away and God giveth.

Namaste from (halfway to) Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment