Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Walking To The Skytrain (Part 1)

It is about 1 mile to the skytrain. It easy to find a cab back to my hotel. But, getting to the skytrain from my hotel can be a hassle. Ordering a taxi is hard and I a tired of asking the front desk to hire one. Besides, it is cheaper to walk.


This is the view from the front gate of my hotel. First, I have to walk down this tiny street. It is lined with mostly apartment buildings. They don't have elevators, so they seem to max out at 3 to 4 stories. That seems O.K. My dorm at UNL was 3 stories with no elevator and i had no problem.


In general Thailand is very clean. They have lots of street sweepers (human.)Here is a sign on a wall to remind people. There are very few pets, a few cats.


The ground floors often have little businesses. Here is a tiny cafe. 


I'm still on the same tiny street. Lots of mobile sellers, also.


Getting near the end of this tiny street. Balconies are a good place to dry laundry.


At the corner is a laundromat and water station. I am not sure how well this machine works, so no thanks. I have a nice laundry in my hotel, fortunately. Another street seller. This one is a bit more prosperous, since he is motorized.


This street connects my tiny street with Alley 4, the next street. The laundry is on the back right (see the vendor). On the right are motorbike Taxis that can take you to the skytrain. They ask to take me. But, I say I am too big and we will fall over. They just laugh. They sometimes carry huge loads, say 8 - 10 propane tanks at once.  My next street is to my left.


The little connector street is to my right. This street I walk to the end. it is full of shops, too. At least this street has 2 lanes. Like England, they drive on the left.


This more modern apartment house has a nice coffee house on the ground floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment