Wednesday, May 3, 2017

And The Winner of the Entry Door Tumbling Is . . .

Took the last few days off. I was having a great week last week. A dude came through Bangkok and we got together for some gaming on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday saw me do a ton of work on my book at E88, the Co-Working place. Thursday I wewnt to Terminal 21 for shopping and a movie. I was almost out of a couple of prescriptions and I wanted to go to a pharmacy near Terminal 21 that was supposed to have everything (which is OTC here.) I felt so great I walked to the pharmacy and back even though it was 100 degrees.

Unfortunately, when I got back to Terminal 21 I tripped on a mat before the entrance and did a 5-point landing. Major bummer. I had rug burns and scrapes on my knees, palms, and forehead. However, with 5 points of landing taking my weight, I didn’t get too hurt. I was bleeding from my forehead and knees and they wanted to take me to the infirmary at Terminal 21, but I declined and took a Taxi straight home. Thais are super nice people. Everything seems to be fine, except some major damage to my left shoulder. It is healing slowly and should be fine in a month. One nerve/muscle got torn pretty good. I couldn’t put my left arm on my hip and can barely do so now. However, I was able to sleep on my left side for the first time in a week last night.


Fortunately, I had already got my prescriptions so I didn’t run out of pills. I stayed in my room from Thursday noon to today noon (Wednesday). I just read and studied my Bible a lot. I read a good post-apocalyptic trilogy that I got on Smashwords. The first book is called A Glimmer Of Hope. It was a good read, good quality writing. It was extra interesting, though. In the first book, one of the characters presented the Gospel in a very clear way, yet it was woven well into the story. In the second book, Mother Teresa’s “Do It Anyway,” sayings were presented, again well woven into the story. In the third book, the Gospel of the first book was reinforced. Very, very clever way to reach the mass market.  (Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. (Matthew 10:16)

2 comments:


  1. Ouch. Gotta work on that "tuck and roll" system more. 100 degrees and humid. You must be sweating buckets! Don't forget, we don't want you to be the "stinky" brother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are recovering. Take care!

    ReplyDelete