Sunday, June 4, 2017

Laundry

Did my laundry and noticed a couple of things.



(1) The washers here automatically dispense detergent, softener, and sanitizer for free. That is really nice. Notice point #5 in the picture. Btw, it costs about $1.40 to wash and I paid $1.40 to dry, although it appears I could have dried with less time and saved 20 or 40 cents.

(2) They had a change machine that gave tokens for paper money. I have not yet seen any change dispensers in Thailand that will accept paper money.

They have machines in Thailand that take change and will give change in return. But, if you need change for paper money, you have to go to a teller. In fact, that is how I get change for the laundry in my building. The office never has change. So, I often get 10 x 10 baht coins for a 100 baht bill whenever I ride the BTS skytrain, even though I use a card that I just flash to get on.

Just another little difference betwixt here and there.

Namaste From (halfway to) Nepal

No comments:

Post a Comment