Sunday, April 16, 2017

Songkran

This weekend was Songkran - the Thai New Year. Factories and banks had a 4 day holiday from Thursday to Sunday. I took a taxi to a friend's house for gaming at 7 pm on Saturday. Wow! It was wild. Both sides of the street were packed with revelers. Think of a miles long wet T-shirt contest. They were constantly throwing buckets of water on all the passing cars and motorcyclists. In addition, they had made a paste of talcum powder/clay and water and would dart into traffic and smear cars and motorcycle riders.

I have been here 6 weeks and seen only one accident, despite all the crazy driving here. In the 2 mile stretch we drove, I saw 3 accidents.

Went to Terminal 21 and saw The Boss Baby. It was O.K. With so much closed for those 4 days, I didn't get much done. I stayed home 2 days and watched TV. With less traffic, I got to practice hailing cabs so I will save some money in the future.

Namaste From (halfway to) Nepal

2 comments:

  1. Is Directv Now working? Or is that something you don't use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, do you watch TV in English, or is it subtitled?

    ReplyDelete