Sunday, December 31, 2017

Up, Up, and Awayyyyyyy

I've come to Bangkok (Dec. 28 to Jan 11) for two weeks. My VISA expired on Dec. 30 and I had to leave Nepal for 2 days. I am definitely ready for a break. I am doing well in being thrifty. I am still living on my SSI checks plus my cash savings I brought. I haven't had to spend any money in my stock account except for the tithe, of course.

However, I seem to be snakebit by one luxery: Business Class. It cost $500 for round trip via Kuala Lumpur (3 hours, 16 hour layover, and 2 hours.) It cost $700 for a 3.5 hour flight (round trip) straight to Bangkok. That was definitely preferable. It cost $900 for the same round trip flight to go business class instead of sardine class. Well,



The hot towel says it all. It is nice to get away from the terrible air in Kathmandu valley:


I definitely had more energy when I arrived in Bangkok. Since it is at sea level and Kathmandu is a mile up, there is more oxygen. Without the smog, my lungs can actually absorb the extra oxygen. The view would be amazing if there was no smog.


The Himalayas are beautiful in the background. Nepal is a mostly empty country outside the very crowded Kathmandu Valley. Here is a river valley. I hope to go fishing when I get back to Nepal.


Namaste from The Land Of Smiles (Thailand)







1 comment:

  1. Oh, someone's a little spoiled brat. lol. Hey, everyone has to have 1 or 2 items they spoil themselves with. Otherwise, why suffer with the rest? :-)

    ReplyDelete