Saturday, January 13, 2018

Well, I am back on The Roof Of The World as of Jan. 11th. I am now 8-squared years old.

My first week in Thailand was a lot of fun. I visited a lot of old haunts and did a whole lot of walking. Going from a mile high to sea level really gives you some energy.

Unfortunately, then I got sick - twice. That is amazing since I didn't get sick at all the 5 months I was there before. Upon reflection, I remember, at the hotel, seeing them pour a pot of water into the coffee urn with which we make our instant coffee, tea, and cups of ramen noodles. I think they were pouring tap water into it instead of using bottled water. Arrrgh, it ruined my whole second week. I ended up doing no shopping.

The second time happened 5 hours before I was to leave for the airport. I got frantic figuring I would have to miss my flight and stay in Bangkok a couple more days. But, I took 8 Imodium in the next 3 hours and felt safe by 7 am and went ahead to the airport. Everything turned out alright.

Namaste from The Roof Of The World

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Mike !!! I made up a new Google Calendar on my computer and guess what? Your Birthday was on it !!! lol Not sure how that happened, but very nice that somehow it was plugged in.

    If they boiled the water, wouldn't that kill any bacteria? Man, you really have to watch out there.

    Lee is a small part owner in a catering business. He doesn't do any cooking. He makes and updates the web page, goes to events and takes pictures and does the advertising and holds meeting. It sounds like it works great because he can't cook, but the other guy isn't any good at the stuff he is great at, which is important for the business to grow. It sounds like they are booming in business. The high-end catering is not saturated in this area and there are plenty of smaller opportunities.

    ReplyDelete